Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's the scuttlebutt?

Baaa! So much change!! Where to begin?

Well about a month ago we found that we needed to move. I need to get away from school and major in something other than future unemployment and Kyler needs to be able to get to work without ice skating across Mantua lake to get there. So I know the anticipation is killing you guys. Where could they possibly be moving? Where else but my parents house!! I know this is every newlyweds dream. But we're pretty cool with it. Kyler's actually a lot better about it than I am. We have looked and looked and looked for an apartment but we cannot seem to find any that tickle our fancy. And that's just the problem. We want fancy and posh, but alas, we're poor college students. So moving in with the folks will help us knock out some debt, get us more involved with the family, and things just seemed to start falling into place when we decided to.

I put in my months notice at the zoo. My last day will be Jan. 3rd. I cried uncontrollably to my Mom after that phone call, and even now still get teary eyed just thinking about it. This job has meant the world to me and I honestly thought it's what I wanted to do when I grow up. This job has been every childs dream. I work at a zoo. Escape your wild life with wildlife. And although I can't think of anything I'd rather be than the Educational Coordinator for a zoo, it looks like I'm going to have to take a different path instead. Dental Hygenist. I can't say that I love teeth, but Sunday night at work as I was scraping a mound of pigeon poop off of a wire nest, i thought if this doesn't gross me out, I suppose scraping gum lines won't either. And realistically being a DH has better pay, better hours, better job opportunities, less chemistry classes, and in the long run will be better for my family. Which is the ultimate decider. I can put my ultimate happiness and settle if it means that my family will be better off with me doing this. I can raise a more involved family being a DH. I can spend more time raising my future babies. That's all that matters to me right now.

Kyler graduates in 10 days, and only has one more day of classes. I can't even tell you how proud of him I am! He's been working his butt off and gives no less than 100%. Even if that means writting a 5 page paper the morning of. :) He really is the bread to my butter, the breath to my life and I don't know where I'd be without him. Heavenly Father has really blessed me by giving me him. I still don't know what I did to deserve him, or what he see's in a ditsy blonde like me, but I'm eternally grateful.

Alright enough of this sh...show of emotion. We decorated Christmas cookies today!! Yay! Can you guess who made the target one? ;)

Also that bottom one is either a chicken, or a squatting albino reindeer with an afro. We haven't decided. Next to it is supposed to be a candy cane, but turned out to look more like a shoe out of a Dr. Seuss book.

We put up our tree! Your inner child can't help but freak out when you wake up and see a christmas tree with presents underneath. :)


1 comment:

  1. It's great to read a little up date on your life!
    I think becoming a Dental Hygienist is a great idea. Where are you going to go for school?

    ReplyDelete