Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Adventures

Hello interested followers. Here's the recap of what's happened and changed since our last post.

We officially changed our minds and found a quaint, fantastically wonderful, not-what-we-expected-but-really-love apartment in Midvale, UT!!! Minutes, dare I say, seconds from Matt and Deanna and our adorable nephews :) After contemplating the option of moving in with Mom and Dad we thought to ourselves... mmmm that's a great option and we love them; however, let's keep our options open and see what the world has to offer. After taking an afternoon to look at as many apartments as we could that peaked our interest we took a leap of faith and committed to a lease.

Changes are swiftly happening as we prepare to start our new lives in Salt Lake valley. There are a lot of intimidating aspects to moving, transferring schools (for Whitney), and graduating from college but we've never been happier. Every day we have trials and set backs but we know who's watching out for us and trust Him with all we have.

My work schedule has taken a toll on life; I even changed my Facebook picture to me sleeping.. cause well that's what I do most of the time! I am working 2 am shifts for the next month or so and really enjoy it but sleeping schedules and time for each other has not "jived" yet. Once we finish finals it should be better. Whitney has a few more weeks at the zoo.. what a trooper. I still can't believe how wonderful she's been with these changes. She is the best wife... EVER! I can still remember the direct prompting I got at the temple when I prayed about my dear Whitney. Heavenly Father told me that Whitney would always love me and that I couldn't find anyone who loved me more than she does. I know that's true. I have taken her on so many crazy adventures in life and she never hesitates to be right by my side. She has been my star cheerleader in life, and I can't wait to see what a wonderful mother she will be. Hard to believe that someone so wonderful is going to be with me forever.

Christmas is around the corner and we're beyond excited for our first Christmas together! New family, new traditions, and a celebration of a year of life together. A small stash of gifts around our Walmart special (yet delightfully decorated) tree, garland still seeking a proper location, rock hard sugar cookie remains, and bare walls as I super-proactively prepare for our move, all have given Christmas 2010 the personality and memories that we'll never forget.

There you go. Life as we know it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the best home teacher I ever had is so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete